Implement and maintain Advanced Process Control applications, identify new strategies for increased operational benefits, make use of APC as well as traditional Advanced Control schemes on the DCS level. Examine and improve various aspects of dynamic plant performance as a result of incident investigations and make use of dynamic simulations where required.
Advanced Process Control (APC):
- Conduct benefits analysis on plant process units in order to build solid cases for advanced process control technologies/real time optimisation projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of outsourced Advanced Process Controls / real time optimisation projects in order to ensure a timely completion of the project at hand as per the desired quality.
- Maintain and improve current APC systems in order to ensure continued performance.
Advanced Process Controls Procurement Process:
- Evaluate the technical aspect during the procurement of APC resources and its related activities whilst adhering to ORYX GTL policies to ensure effective delivery of quality goods and /or services in a cost effective manner.
- Evaluate the technical aspect of APC procurement activities and their related service providers through request for proposal development or competitive bid invitation documents, as need be, in order to adhere to ORYX GTL needs.
- Assist the search, initiation of contact and short listing process with regard to the technical aspect of APC service providers in order to gain an in-depth understanding of their respective delivery capabilities.
Advanced Regulatory Control (ARC) Strategy:
- Assist in the re-engineering and evaluation of the strategic planning process for advanced process control philosophies opting for plant cost efficiencies.
- Ensure the effective design and implementation of robust preventative process control solutions in order to minimise plant process upsets and regulate automated processes more effectively.
- Oversee contractors for implementing advanced control philosophies, and ensure that the design intent is met.
- Ensure dynamic process simulation studies in order to improve, clarify and tune process control and APC solutions.
Optimisation of Base Layer Control:
- Identify and encounter existing non stable control loops and instrumentation problems in order to stabilise production.
- Ensure the identification of non-stable control loops through the usage of various control loop monitoring software in order to prioritise the loop tuning work.
Cross-Functional Interfacing and Seamless Integration:
- Develop and maintain user interfaces for various users in order to ensure accessibility.
- Liaise with various End Users in order to capture and interpret their various requirements.
- Advise various parties on practical feasibility and implementation of process requirements to ensure practicality of desired outcomes across various technical disciplines.
- Oversee contracting staff during implementation of APC technology and ensure adherence to contract specifications.
Management Reporting and ad–hoc Analyses:
- Ensure on-going reporting to superiors in order to keep them abreast and informed with regard to APC activities’ status, as requested.
- Analyse various APC methodologies whereby the next best alternative is utilised in favour of ORYX GTL.
Service Level Agreements:
- Coordinate with service providers in order to ensure compliance with ORYX GTL respective needs.
- Evaluate various service providers and select best provider to address ORYX GTL needs most suitably.
- Follow up on outsourced APC and Control System projects according to desired outcome in order to ensure a timely completion of the project at hand.
Safety, Quality and Environment:
- Adhere to all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures, instructions and controls so that the safety of employees, quality of products / services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or Electronic Engineering.
- Certificate in Process Control is an advantage
- 4 – 5 Years of experience in a Process Control position in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- 2 Years hands-on APC implementation experience.
- Job Specific Skills:
- Process control
- Process engineering
- Quality management systems
- Data collection and analysis
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing