Ensure DCS / ESD systems reliability are sufficient in order to ensure high availability standards are maintained on ORYX GTL plant. Carry out the maintenance activities for DCS, SIS, other control system related equipment and support the system maintenance activities for Operations on a 24/7 basis.
- Plan and organise DCS / ESD maintenance works according to shutdowns as required in order to ensure the well-being of ORYX GTL assets.
- Act as the Project Engineer; coordinating and supporting the engineering contractor in order to attain the utmost desired outcome as per the design intent.
DCS / ESD Maintenance:
- Resolve DCS / ESD problems as required in order to avoid major escalations at any given instance.
- Carry out maintenance work on ORYX GTL DCS / ESD assets as required ensuring minimum disruptions with regard to machine / technical breakdowns.
On Job Planning / Requirements:
- Provide a 24 hour uninterrupted service to the production team in order to ensure the target production level is maintained.
- Develop and prepare engineering design packages for plant modifications and projects. Follow up PCCR’s so as to ensure its compliance with all the safety and other standards.
DCS / ESD Systems Audit:
- Audit on the well-being of the DCS/SD systems to ensure their relevance with current requirements and desired specifications.
- Assist Process Control Engineers during the implementation of the plant modification in order to ensure that the design package is in line with policies, standards and procedures.
- Study and analyse the new technical developments in control systems engineering to propose improvements and enhancements in the existing facilities.
DCS / ESD Advisory Insight:
- Provide technical advice to management on systems, layout of the systems and maintainability of systems in order to ensure management remains abreast with related functions works.
Management Reporting and Ad-hoc Project Representation:
- Ensure on-going reporting to superiors in order to keep them abreast with regard to the DCS / ESD processes, as required.
- Support on demand DOS / ESD related initiatives in order to ensure various ad-hoc requirements foreseen by ORYX GTL are met.
Customer Service Standards:
- Ensure adherence to customer service standards in order to resolve complaints in an effective manner.
Safety, Quality and Environment:
- Comply with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of DCS/ESD activities to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products / services and a responsible environmental attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering or Telecommunication, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- Certificate in a relevant field.
- 5 – 6 Years of Experience in a similar position in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Specific Skills:
- Control Systems
- DCS/SD Systems maintenance
- Customer Service
- Time management skills
- Quality Management systems
- Planning and organising
- Communication skills
- Operations systems