|Safety, Health, Quality ,Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls, within a defined area, to guarantee employee safety, HR compliance, and delivery of high quality products / services in a responsible environmental manner.
- Performs Emergency Response Role as required by company.
- Participates in company safety programs.
- As a senior member of the Control Systems section, contribute to the formulation and implementation of the Maintenance strategy and plans, to maximise the plant equipment availability and minimise equipment breakdown.
- Should able to assess & understand SIL loops.
- Support the Head of E&I by reporting to the two Snr. Systems Engineers in their day-to-day activities by providing solutions to problems and to ensure that work processes are implemented as per standards and procedures. Support to the E & I Senior Supervisor Team will also be required on a continuous basis.
|Shutdowns and Turnarounds
- Assist and be part in the planning, organisation and implementation of ORYX GTL’s shutdowns, turnarounds and emergencies as required.
- To take the role as a “Project / Zone Leader” during major / emergency shutdowns as required.
- Troubleshooting of problems as required, in order to avoid major escalations at any given instance.
- Assist and be part the Instrumentation maintenance works on ORYX GTL’s assets as required ensuring minimum disruptions with regard to equipment breakdowns.
- Assist in all Control System Equipment inspections and equipment SIL tests are done in line with the Maintenance Strategies.
- Monitor and maintain the health of the DCS and interface sub-systems.
- Maintain hardware/software components.
- Carries out and assists with punch listing, commissioning, start-up and maintenance work as directed.
- Maintain and provide support for modifications to process graphic displays.
- Troubleshoot control hardware/software.
- Maintain DCS System hardware/software problem log.
- Assist in the development of improvements to the DCS/SIS/Turbolog/CCC/Protec 512 & Woodward.
- Execute predictive and preventive maintenance work.
- Continuous support and assistance to Production department.
- Provide relevant technical support for MOCs, to produce detailed design engineering and implement changes in the DCS, ESD, F&G and other systems.
- Execute and control overrides on the control systems as needed and as per BOC procedure, to allow maintenance to be undertaken.
- Provide data as required and assist with analysis of technical problems.
- Be proactive in suggestion for system improvements.
- Regular backup of system configurations.
- Ensure the company’s Environmental health and Safety procedures are adhered to in the area of Control Systems allocations and work areas.
- Work in shift as per Oryx GTL approved shift cycle as and when required.
- Do standby duty as per approved standby roster for System Team.
|Meet the set KPI Targets
- Assist in managing the assigned KPI for Instrumentation & Control systems Section to ensure that the Maintenance department KPI objectives are met.
|Integrity of Instrumentation Equipment
- Assist in controlling the availability of necessary Materials, Spares and External Services in order to execute tasks in an effective manner.
- Assist to supervisors in finding out alternative materials for obsolete spare parts.
- Reliability Improvement: Execute reliability improvement projects within approved budget. Ensure all the Gate procedures in CAPEX route are followed and complied with.
|Reporting & Ad-hoc Project Representation
- Ensure on going reporting with regards to the Instrumentation Maintenance process, as requested.
- Support on demand Instrumentation Maintenance related initiatives in order to ensure various ad-hoc requirements foreseen by ORYX GTL are met.