Ensuring the safety of our employees while protecting the environment is an integral aspect of our planning and decision making process.
ORYX GTL Limited works in a manner consistent with our zero harm principles and values that strikes an appropriate and well reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
ORYX GTL is committed to:
- Putting safety first and foremost in everything we do.
- Conducting business with respect and care for people, the environment and our property.
- Cultivating behaviour which minimizes our exposure to hazards and promotes the prevention of pollution (ISO 14001).
- Maintaining internationally recognized safety, health and environmental management systems.
- Complying with all applicable legal and other agreed requirements.
- Continually monitoring and improving our performance.
- Establishing and achieving appropriate objectives and targets.
- and improving our stakeholders’ satisfaction.
ORYX GTL health center complies with the highest standards to provide the best possible service, not only in cases of emergency, but also in cases of general health issues and enquiries.
Our health surveillance program has been established to make sure, through periodical medical tests, that all employees are fit to carry out their tasks safely.
The frequency of testing is determined by the kind of work each individual employee performs and according to the work environment and task. The nurses at the health center are also involved in providing regular training to employees and contractor personnel ranging from hygiene practices to H1N1 infection control in the workplace, there is also an annual influenza campaign for all employees who wish to ensure they are immunized against the seasonal influenza.
ORYX GTL takes care of the wellbeing of its employees by promoting not only a safe work environment but also a healthy lifestyle. Since the company was established, our professional health team has developed initiatives to raise awareness among all those working at our facilities in issues such as the risks of being overweight, breast cancer awareness and diabetes prevention.